“Families of 9/11 victims are asking New York City Mayor Eric Adams to rescind approval of a Saudi-funded golf tournament scheduled to reportedly take place at a Donald Trump-owned golf course in New York in October. The Aramco Team Series women’s golf tournament in question is scheduled to take place in New York October 13-15  …
9/11 families advocate Brett Eagleson said in a statement on Friday [8/26/2022] … ‘The fact that this news is breaking less than two weeks before 9/11 on the heels of the [Saudi-funded] LIV tournament in Bedminster [NJ] … It’s egregious, it’s in your face and its tone-deaf.’
Adams’ press secretary Fabien Levy told CNN, ‘While we disagree with the values of the Trump Organization, we cannot legally block their application.’ New York City officials also said that the tournament was agreed upon during former Mayor Bill de Blasio’s administration and that the current administration cannot break the agreement. …
The allegations of Saudi government complicity with the attacks on September 11, 2001, have long been the subject of dispute in Washington. Fifteen of the 19 al Qaeda terrorists who hijacked four planes were Saudi nationals, but the Saudi government has denied any involvement in the attacks.
The 9/11 Commission established by Congress said in 2004 that it had found ‘no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or senior Saudi officials individually funded’ al Qaeda.
Still, the victims’ families have pushed for further disclosures, and last year , the FBI released a document that details its work to investigate the alleged logistical support that a Saudi consular official and a suspected Saudi intelligence agent in Los Angeles provided to at least two hijackers.”
– Artemis Moshtaghian, “Families of 9/11 Victims Asking NYC Mayor to Rescind Approval of Saudi-Funded Golf Tournament Reportedly to be Held at Trump Golf Course,” kten.com, August 29, 2022