2,158. 7/6/2001

Counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke sent an email to National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice on July 6, 2001, which covered details from their meeting on the previous day. “One senior administration official said Mr. Clarke wrote that several agencies, including the F.B.I., the C.I.A. and the Pentagon, had been directed to develop what the official said were ‘detailed response plans in the event of three to five simultaneous attacks.’ ”

 – David Johnston and Eric Schmitt, “Uneven Response Seen to Terror Risk in Summer ’01.” The New York Times, April 4, 2004

Categorised in:

Comments are closed here.