8/7/2001

According to a Senior Executive Intelligence Brief titled, ‘Terrorism: Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in the US’ on August 7, 2001: “The millennium plotting in Canada in [December] 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin’s first serious attempt at a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam says that he conceived the […]

Read More… from 8/7/2001

8/7/2001

According to a Senior Executive Intelligence Brief titled, ‘Terrorism: Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in the US’ on August 7, 2001: “His [Bin Ladin’s] attacks on the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 show that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled the Embassies […]

Read More… from 8/7/2001

8/7/2001

According to a Senior Executive Intelligence Brief titled, ‘Terrorism: Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in the US’ on August 7, 2001: “Al-Qa’ida members, including some US citizens, have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure here. Two al-Qa’ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to […]

Read More… from 8/7/2001

8/7/2001

According to a Top Secret report from the Director of Central Intelligence, George Tenet, on March 19, 2004: “A SEIB [Senior Executive Intelligence Brief] article on August 7, 2001, ‘Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US,’ underscored Bin Ladin’s desire to conduct terrorist attacks in the US homeland. It noted that the Millennium plot to […]

Read More… from 8/7/2001

8/7/2001

In a discussion with the press about the situation with Iraq, President George W. Bush had this to say: “As I said, Saddam Hussein is a menace, he’s still a menace and we need to keep him in check, and will.”  Followed by a question from the press: “Are they ratcheting it up, though?  We’ve had a […]

Read More… from 8/7/2001

8/6/2001

“Taking a month off [for a ‘working vacation’ at his ranch in Crawford, Texas] after only six months in office, [President] Bush seemed undeterred by the criticism at the time. In a USA Today poll released on August 6 [2001]…55 percent of those questioned felt that the president was taking too much time off.”  – […]

Read More… from 8/6/2001

8/6/2001

“Contemporaneous reports on the day that [President] Bush received the intelligence report [the President’s Daily Briefing, titled ‘Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.‘], August 6 [2001], indicated that he had broken off from work early and gone fishing.”  – Frank Rich, The Greatest Story Ever Sold, Page 47 […]

Read More… from 8/6/2001

8/6/2001

“Despite [National Security Advisor Condoleezza] Rice’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission that the Bush administration was at battle stations during the summer of 2001, in a wide-ranging and emblematic interview with Fox News on the night of August 6 [2001]–the same day that President Bush had been briefed that there were dozens of investigations into […]

Read More… from 8/6/2001

8/6/2001

Former President George W. Bush recalled, “During the summer [of 2001], I had asked the CIA to reexamine al Qaeda’s capabilities to attack inside the United States. In early August [6, 2001], the Agency delivered a Presidential Daily Briefing [PDB] that reiterated bin Laden’s long-standing intent to strike America, but could not confirm any concrete […]

Read More… from 8/6/2001

8/6/2001

Regarding the August 6, 2001, President’s Daily Briefing, which warned of the potential for bin Laden to attack the U.S., then-National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice wrote: “The report had been developed only after the President [Bush] himself had asked whether there was any information on a possible al Qaeda attack on the U.S. homeland. The […]

Read More… from 8/6/2001