In his address at the UN General Assembly on September 12, 2002, President Bush said: " 'if the [Iraqi] regime wishes peace,' it would have to do five things:
1. Comply with the WMD disarmament objectives.
2. End all support for terrorism, and act to suppress terrorism.
3. Cease the persecution of its civilian population.
4. Release or account for all Gulf War personnel whose fate was still unknown…return stolen property, and accept liability for losses resulting from the Kuwait invasion.
5. Immediately end all illicit trade outside the Oil-for-Food program, and accept UN administration of those funds."
– Hide and Seek, Charles Duelfer, 9/12/2002
Categorised in: Uncategorized